Contract: Your bid is a contract to purchase the item at the level of the winning bid if your bid is the winning one. Your bid will be raised above the starting bid only as necessary to top any previous high bid that has been placed on a lot. You will also be responsible for the Buyer's premium of 15% plus 5% for Invaluable for total of 20%, and shipping and handling charges.
Condition: A detailed description of the condition can be found in the "Guide" on the home page of our be-hold.com website. The condition should be clear from the scans and descriptions. As a further aid, items are given a number grade in brackets at the end of each description.
 is reserved for photographs in rich, clean, undamaged condition.
 is material that is slightly less rich, with possibly some minor fading or soil as can be seen.
 is material with more handling, wear, fading -- but no damage.
 material in poor condition but offered because of importance.
Damage to the print is a different issue and is indicated by the prefix [D] in front of the condition code, such as [D3]. The nature of the damage will be indicated. This does not include damage to the mount, but not the print.
In some cases, a + or - will be added to the condition code to show which end of the condition category is applicable.
Please contact us for further information. Contact us for arrangements to view the material.
Payment: Please wait for Invoice, including clarification of shipping details, before sending payment. Payment must be made within 4 days of receipt of Invoice. Our preferred method of payment is by check or M.O. in U.S. Dollars from a U.S. Bank. If you wish to pay by PayPal, we charge a 3% processing fee for PayPal. BIDDERS FROM OUTSIDE N. AMERICA MUST PAY BY WIRE TRANSFER. BANK INFORMATION WILL BE PROVIDED.
Shipping: Be-hold will select a shipping method unless you have a special request. For important, large and heavy items it is worthwhile to have the material well packed and shipped by a secure means. Foreign bidders must expect to pay applicable duty. Packages will be insured by Be-hold's fine art insurance. The cost will be included in the shipping and handling charge.
Buyer's premium: For winning bidders on Invaluable, a Buyer's Premium of 20% (15% plus 5% for Invaluable) will be charged on each item.
NY State taxes: Material sent to addresses in NY State or picked up in New York State will be charged NY State Sales tax of 8.375% unless a NY State Resale or Exempt form is on file.
View full terms and conditions