Invaluable cannot guarantee the accuracy of translations through Google Translate and disclaims any responsibility for inaccurate translations.
26 October 2016 (in progress)
Edinburgh, United KingdomLive Auction
Lot 116: ARCHIBALD KNOX (1864-1933) FOR LIBERTY & CO., LONDON 'TUDRIC' PEWTER AND ENAMEL CARRIAGE CLOCK, CIRCA 1900 11.5cm high excluding han.(126 views)
ARCHIBALD KNOX (1864-1933) FOR LIBERTY & CO., LONDON
'TUDRIC' PEWTER AND ENAMEL CARRIAGE CLOCK, CIRCA 1900
the rectangular case with cast foliate decoration, underside stamped 0721/ ENGLISH PEWTER MADE BY LIBERTY & CO
11.5cm high excluding handle
- Clock in original condition
- Unpolished surface
- Enamels in good condition, with no apparent damage or restoration
- Case has several minor nicks, marks and surface scratches
- Feet have a few sharp dents and there are one or two minor undulations and flakes to the pewter surface here and there although it is essentially sound
- Movement has built in winder and key for changing time is with the piece although the movement is not ticking and would require an overhaul.
- Lyon & Turnbull does not guarantee any clock to be in working order. Condition reports are supplied on general appearance and condition. Please see our Conditions of Sale for Buyers, item 12(2) for additional information on the purchase of clocks, timepieces and mechanical instruments
Under the Conditions of Sale applicable to the sale of the lot, buyers must satisfy themselves as to each and every aspect of the quality of the lot, including (without limitation) its authorship, attribution, condition, provenance, authenticity, age, suitability and origin. Lots are sold on an 'as is' basis but the actual condition of the lot may not be as good as indicated by its outward appearance. In particular parts may have been replaced or renewed and lots may not be authentic or of satisfactory quality.
Any statement in relation to the lot is merely an expression of opinion of the seller or Lyon & Turnbull and should not be relied upon as an inducement to bid on the lot. Lots are available for inspection prior to the sale and you are strongly advised to examine any lot in which you are interested prior to the sale. Our condition report has not been prepared by a professional conservator, restorer or engineer.