Invaluable cannot guarantee the accuracy of translations through Google Translate and disclaims any responsibility for inaccurate translations.
29 October 2016, 15:00 CST
Memphis, TN, USALive Auction
Lot 84: Impressive and Comprehensive Collection of Elvis Presley Christmas and Other Holiday Cards (20)(34 views)
|Your max bid:
The Invaluable Live! SecureBid™ feature ensures you never overpay. Without disclosing your limit to anyone, SecureBid™ places your bids automatically, up to one increment higher than the last in-room bid or preset reserve, until we have reached your maximum bid.Close
(Enter more than $750)
Estimate: $1,500 - $3,000
Elvis and the Colonel always remembered friends and fans at the holidays throughout the years. Offered is an extensive 20-piece collection of examples of the festive greetings issued by Elvis and the Colonel from the 1950s through the 1970s. Of special note are the 1964 fold-out card that was mailed from Graceland and the 1969 card which was most likely mailed by the Colonel. Included in this comprehensive collection are:
- 1958 Christmas Card, addressed to "Mrs. Jerry Davis" from the "The E.P. Continentals," an early Elvis fan club, 8 1/2 by 5 1/2 inches (21.59 x 13.97 cm)
- 1959 Christmas Postcard, 5 3/8 by 3 1/8 inches (13.63 x 7.94 cm)
- 1960 Christmas Card, notated on reverse "Col. Parker's Office/Bungalow 5/20th," 8 1/2 by 5 1/2 inches (21.59 x 13.97 cm)
- 1961 Christmas Postcard, 5 1/4 by 3 1/4 inches (13.34 x 8.26 cm)
- 1964 Christmas Fold-Out Card, accompanied by original envelope addressed to "Evelyn Netas" and mailed on Dec. 21, 1964, 8 1/4 by 5 1/4 inches folded (20.95 x 12.7 cm), 16 5/8 by 10 1/4 inches open (42.22 x 26.04 cm)
- 1965 Christmas Card, 8 by 5 inches (20.32 x 12.7 cm)
- 1966 Elvis "Gold Car on Tour" Postcard, 5 1/2 by 3 1/2 inches (13.97 x 8.89 cm)
- 1966 Christmas Card, 8 3/8 by 5 3/8 inches (21.27 x 13.65 cm)
- 1967 Easter Postcard, 5 1/2 by 3 1/2 inches (13.97 x 8.89 cm)
- 1967 Christmas Postcard, 5 3/8 by 3 1/2 inches (13.65 x 8.26 cm)
- 1967 Elvis Christmas Special 28-Page Booklet, 7 1/2 by 4 inches (19.05 x 10.16 cm)
- 1968 Easter Postcard, 5 1/2 by 3 1/2 inches (13.97 x 8.89 cm)
- 1969 Easter Postcard, 5 1/2 by 3 1/2 inches (13.97 x 8.89 cm)
- 1969 Christmas Card, Virgin Mary, most likely mailed by the Colonel personally, 7 by 5 inches (17.78 x 12.7 cm)
- 1969 Christmas Postcard, 5 1/2 by 3 1/2 inches (13.97 x 8.89 cm)
- 1970 Christmas Postcard, 5 1/2 by 3 1/2 inches (13.97 x 8.89 cm)
- 1972 Christmas Postcard, 5 1/2 by 3 1/2 inches (13.97 x 8.89 cm)
- 1973 Happy Birthday Postcard, 5 1/2 by 3 1/2 inches (13.97 x 8.89 cm)
- 1974 Christmas Card, 8 by 5 3/8 inches (20.32 x 13.65 cm)
- 1975 Christmas Card, 6 7/8 by 4 7/8 inches (17.46 x 12.38 cm)
This bountiful collection is accompanied by a letter of authenticity from Graceland Authenticated.
Condition Report: The group varies only slightly in condition, with most examples in Excellent or better condition. A number of the later pieces are Near Mint.
UPS Store #0869
6025 Stage Road, Ste 42
Bartlett, TN 38134
T: (901) 385-8701
Contact: Robert Brown
Fine Arts Coordinator
Mallory Alexander International Logistics
4294 Swinnea Road, Memphis, TN 38118
Phone: Ofc) 901-370-4303 Cell) 901-493-6596.
LR International Inc.
3720 River Road | Suite 300
Franklin Park, IL 60131 USA
Contact: Jerry Pohlman
All items for this auction are located at Graceland Archives Warehouse in Memphis, TN. Auction A Circle, LLC does not ship. As a buyer, you are responsible for the pick up or shipment of the property you have purchased. As a courtesy, Auction A Circle, LLC has made arrangements with a variety of third party shippers to provide shipping quotes for buyers. Please note that shipping remains the responsibility of the buyer and it is highly recommended that you get quotes prior to the auction for large, fragile, or heavy items so you can consider the shipping costs before bidding. Under no circumstances will Auction A Circle, LLC be held responsible for items entrusted to a third party shipper. Purchaser agrees that packing and shipping is done at the purchaser's risk and that the purchaser will pay for all packing expenses, materials, carrier fees and insurance charges. Auction A Circle, LLC will have no liability for any loss or damage to shipped items. If any employee or agent of Auction A Circle, LLC is requested and agrees to pack or transport the merchandise, it is fully at the risk, responsibility and expense of the purchaser and Auction A Circle, LLC shall not be liable for any loss or damage that may be caused by such employee or agent. The purchase price and all fees must be paid in full before items will be released to the buyer or their agent.
Shipping small items by common carrier (UPS, FedEx, DHL, USPS): Auction A Circle, LLC has engaged shippers to pick up several times a week from Auction A Circle, LLC's facilities. Auction A Circle, LLC's recommended shippers for small items are LR International, Mallory Alexander International Logistics and UPS Store #0869. Once Auction A Circle, LLC received your payment and the completed shipping form authorizing the release of your property to the shipper, Auction A Circle, LLC will add your lot(s) to the list for the next pick up. You will receive a shipping quote for you approval within 48 hours after the shipper has picked up your lot(s). If for any reason the quote is unacceptable to you, your property will be returned to Auction A Circle, LLC so you can make alternate arrangements.
Shipping larger items by freight (e.g. furniture, bulky or odd shaped items, etc.): Auction A Circle, LLC can provide assistance in arranging for delivery by freight for items that exceed allowable dimensions or weight restrictions of UPS, Fed Ex and similar carriers. Depending on the location, Auction A Circle, LLC can recommend a variety of third party shippers. Auction A Circle, LLC is also happy to work with the freight company of your choosing. Please keep in mind that delivery of these types of items can be an expensive proposition and Auction A Circle, LLC urges you to consider this before bidding. Please remember that it is your responsibility to pay for all deliveries.
All property should be removed from the premises within 30 days unless prior arrangements have been made with Auction A Circle, LLC. Purchased items not picked up from the auction facility within 30 days of the auction will be assessed a storage and administrative fee of 1% per month of the total purchase price from the 30th day after the sale until its removal, and a minimum fee of 3% of the total purchase price for any property not removed within 90 days after the sale. Alternatively, for any property not removed within 180 days after the sale, the property may be resold without reserve and the proceeds remitted to the purchaser less all applicable charges, premiums and fees due and owing to Auction A Circle, LLC.