Description: 1 September 1920 25 DOUBS. BESANCON. Cert. Nom. d'Inscription de 50 Actions de F500. black on blue paper. No 18. Folds. The Peugeot family were manufacturing ironmongers, making tools, corsets, etc., before the first company connected with cars was founded in 1876. Bicycles were built from 1885, and a steam-car in 1889. This was driven from Paris to Lyon. Steam wassoon replaced by petrol, using Daimler engines. In 1891 Peugeot made the first long-distance journey by petrol-driven car, from Beaulieu-Valentigney to Paris, then to Brest, and back. A new company took over car manufacture at Audincourt in 1897 under the name S.A. des Automobiles Peugeot, and offered a wide range of cars, from 3 to 30hp. In 1902 the Lille factory opened, and an even wider range was on offer. In 1910 the company became S.A. des Automobiles et Cycles Peugeot, and the Sochaux factory opened, this being the main works today. In 1920 the name reverted to S.A. des Automobiles Peugeot, when this certificate was issued. At that time, the company capital was only 0,5 million francs. While books can be filled with the later history of the company, let us just add that in in 1976 Peugeot took over Citroën and that today the company sells about 1,5 million cars annually. It has o workforce of almost 200,000 people.Facsimile signature of a member of the Peugeot family. This type has never been seen before and originates from an old collection. Most importantly, it is the oldest scripophily of the Peugeot company we have ever seen. Rarity 12.
Condition Report: VF-EF
Request more information